The Labour Party now faces its greatest challenge
The liberal agenda has been realised: it’s time to take on the issues that preoccupy this generation of young workers
No political party has a better claim to having been midwife to modern Ireland than the Labour Party. In 1983 when Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil surrendered to the fundamentalists in the Pro-Life movement, Labour opposed the insertion in our Constitution of the Eighth Amendment.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.