Labour needs to compete on its own terms
Labour should not seek to compete with the ultra-left or permit itself to be written out of the economic recovery
The oldest democratic party in the state will convene for its 69th annual conference in Wexford next weekend. Ever since the then party leader, Tom Johnson, drafted the democratic programme for the first Dáil in 1919, the Labour party, more than most, has experienced the vicissitudes of political and electoral fortunes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.