Labour, inequality and the forest of placards
Government policy has tackled inequality in the face of the worst economic crisis in our history. That is simply a fact.
If they didn’t already know, delegates to this weekend’s Labour Party Conference in Killarney will have learned what former Labour leader, Eamon Gilmore, meant when in 2011 he warned they would come to the annual conference through “a forest of placards”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.