The Kavanaugh hearings are a reminder of the dangers of politicising judicial appointments
When I first heard the allegation that Brett Kavanaugh had sexually molested a fellow teenager at an upmarket, under-age, booze-fest house party the best part of 40 years ago, I asked myself how such an allegation, if true, could constitute good grounds for rejecting his nomination to the US Supreme Court given that he had served as a US Federal Appeal Court judge since 2006, having been nominated by George W Bush.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.