John Looby: 'Reagan's presidency is a useful guide for what may evolve under Trump'
Reagan's success as issuer of the unanchored global reserve currency highlights the freedom now in the President-elect's hands
The political earthquake of November 8 continues to reverberate across the globe. Friends and enemies of the United States are continuing to grapple with the unknowable consequences of President Trump.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.