It’s time for a politics about real choices
The ‘something for everyone’ approach doesn’t work any more
The legacy from the political failure that led to the banking collapse is a widespread pre-disposition to cynicism. In the long term, it may be more damaging than the debt burden. The reaction to the Spring Economic Statement typifies that cynicism. Whatever it is we want, we want it now and don’t confuse us with the facts.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive