Mary Regan: Irish Water fiasco could drown Fianna Fáil
The party must choose between its current populist stance and a fiscally responsible one – and might lose out either way
So now we know the answer to the eternal question of Irish politics: what’s the difference between Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael? The wilful wastage of water, it seems.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive