Irish rugby has made an extraordinary journey
Once we were happy to be gallant losers. Now we are serial winners playing sizzling rugby, and long may it continue
Yesterday there were more than 20,000 spectators at Thomond Park as Munster played their European Cup quarter-final. This afternoon there will be almost 50,000 spectators at the Aviva Stadium as Leinster play their quarter- final. Two weeks ago, more than a million people tuned in on television to watch Ireland play England in the Six Nations Grand Slam decider.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive