Tom McGurk: Irish rugby blossoms in a new springtime
With greed consuming the game and a failure to get to grips with injuries, at least the game here is in rude health
Next weekend, Irish rugby returns to the big time as Leinster and Munster play European semi-finals. If they win, we will have an all Irish European final. Next Wednesday, the 2017 Lions touring party for New Zealand will be announced with potentially a significant Irish representation. Despite an unsatisfactory Six Nations, it appears the good times are here again for Irish rugby.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.