At what point does international rugby become a total joke?
The IRFU is calling up more and more foreign-born players
When it comes to discussions on nationality, the one George Carlin used to tell always comes to the head of the queue. “Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or obtain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth,” the late comedian once said. “Being Irish isn’t a skill, it’s a fucking genetic accident. You wouldn’t say I’m proud to be 5’11”, or I’m proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer.”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.