SBP editorial: Who should own Ireland’s rail network?
Ireland’s rail network has been in state hands since the conclusion of World War II and despite the occasional experiment with private ownership (Dublin’s light rail Luas springs to mind), the view of all governments has been that despite its many challenges, CIE/Irish Rail remains the company best equipped to operate Ireland’s myriad of rail routes.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.