Ireland is failing the refugees of Europe
There is a war raging in Europe. It is not the war of civilisations predicted by the likes of Hungarian leader Viktor Orbán and Italian interior minister Matteo Salvini. It is a war of ideas between those, like Orbán and Salvini, determined to keep migrants out of Europe, and those who believe we have a duty and a need to let them in.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.