Elaine Bynre: Why is Ireland addicted to tribunals?
Vast numbers of recommendations from varying tribunals over two decades have produced only legislative inconsistencies
The summer I finished my Leaving Cert, I sat beside Michael Lowry at the McCracken Tribunal. I was embarrassed bringing my bright pink school bag, which contained my lunchbox, inside the austere hall in Dublin Castle.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive