Inquiry took away our comfort blanket
The guarantee was planned in advance, the ECB intimidated us, but really we had only ourselves to blame
Forty-nine days of hearings, 128 witnesses, 180 written statements. The public sessions of the banking inquiry are finally over. What did we learn?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive