Inner cities need targeted opportunities
Urban unemployment blackspots need to be plugged into the success story of the Irish economy
The economic distress of our inner cities is arguably the biggest challenge facing our society. Disadvantaged urban areas are no longer only an inner city phenomenon. These are areas where multiple disadvantage is clustered and where inter-generational unemployment drives poverty and crippling social problems such as drug abuse and, inevitably, crime.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive