INM’s many ‘persons of interest’ deserve answers from a probe
Jacqueline O’Brien is a senior counsel who represented the Moriarty Tribunal. Jerry Healy also worked as a senior counsel for the Moriarty Tribunal. The tribunal’s final report was published in March 2011. According to the report, Michael Lowry “delivered” the state’s second mobile phone licence for the businessman Denis O’Brien. Moriarty found that O’Brien transferred £447,000 to various Lowry-controlled accounts; arranged for a $50,000 loan for Fine Gael (it was returned) and supported Lowry in obtaining a £420,000 bank loan. Both men have rejected the tribunal’s findings, but have not formally challenged them in court.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive