Brexit's three-dimensional chess game
Did Boris Johnson inadvertently signal his own abandonment of a hard Brexit by floating his English Channel bridge idea?
Last week saw an interesting display of pageantry at the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst in Berkshire. Theresa May invited Emmanuel Macron to the college as part of his first visit as president of the French Republic, in order to emphasise the importance of Anglo-French cooperation on defence and security even in the context of Brexit.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive