Hurling championship changes point to a defensive Croke Park
The proposal to contract the Liam McCarthy cup even further bodes ill for the game's growth, writes Emmet Ryan
Croke Park really doesn't seem to have a long-term plan when it comes to hurling. The amount of chopping and changing to the qualifiers, league, and lower tiers of the sport over the past 20 years are enough evidence of that. The latest move by the powers that be could be the biggest disaster yet to the game and could dwindle interest even further.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.