Hugh O'Connell: the government faces chaos unless it deals with public sector pay
Ministers are heading for disaster if they think the Lansdowne Road Agreement will hold together for much longer
The minority government has become accustomed to long-fingering big issues. From abortion to water, difficult and divisive problems have been boxed off by the setting up of reviews, commissions and, in the case of the Eight Amendment, a citizens’ assembly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.