HSE boss: €9bn needed to finally solve A&E crisis
Director general Tony O’Brien says we need to stop relying solely on hospitals for our care
The media headlines over the past ten days will have brought into sharp focus the ongoing but longstanding challenges within our health services. In the course of the extensive media coverage, two questions were raised again and again: in 2017, why have we not solved the overcrowding issue? Was the HSE not prepared for the inevitable winter pressures on hospitals?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.