SBP editorial: Housing crisis is an utter disaster for our national youth
Eight months ago, Michael McDowell, a former justice minister, tánaiste and attorney general, issued a stark warning. Ireland, McDowell wrote in this newspaper, was sleepwalking towards another tipping point, where a younger cohort of our state’s population believe that things are not going to be better for them than they were for their parents’ generation. “The government must wake up to the real problems that threaten to rob an entire generation of optimism and confidence,” he wrote.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive