Michael McDowell: The Church condemns only itself
The Catholic church holds fast to the moral authoritarianism which denounced and interned unmarried mothers
One of the less edifying aspects of politics is the tendency of some practitioners to engage in the rhetoric of competitive moral outrage.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive