Higgins is above political play-acting on re-election
The political parties that control nominations have decided to disenfranchise us by not having a presidential election
If there is no presidential election this year, the year 2025 will serve as just the second occasion in a quarter of a century that the Irish people will have had the opportunity to vote for Ireland’s first citizen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive