Hey, teachers, leave that Leaving Certificate alone
Few things in modern Ireland are seen as absolutely fair, transparent and accountable – but the dreaded exam is one of them
As we find ourselves in the middle of another frenetic exam season, it is sobering to recall that assessing candidates has always been an inexact science, as Charlie Chaplin reportedly once discovered to his cost when he entered a Chaplin lookalike competition and only finished third. Employers struggle just as much as examiners to find a way to whittle down the candidates.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.