Heavy hitters gear up to get in the ring
The insiders at the top of the financial system in the run-up to the crash are set to be grilled by eager committee members
After months of sparring, the banking inquiry finally gets the heavyweights into the ring. For the first 11 weeks, the inquiry was dominated by the academics, the media, the outsiders and those on the fringes. But it is only in the coming days, with the beginning of the so-called Nexus phase, that the insiders at the top of the financial system during the years leading up to the crash will give their long-awaited evidence.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive