Health levy may be only solution to nurses’ pain
With the nurses’ strike, private insurance is more relevant than ever
Nobody who is concerned about long waiting lists to see a consultant or to have ‘elective’ surgery – like a hip replacement - needs another reason to buy private health insurance. But readers who are praying they don’t fall ill before this nurses and midwives dispute ends may want to revisit their budgets, and find the €100 a month it costs to buy a decent health insurance plan.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive