Hard truths about honesty
We think we celebrate whistleblowers – until we hear the whistle being blown on our own team
‘Whistleblower” is what George Orwell called a “dying metaphor”. A good metaphor “assists thought by evoking a visual image”, he wrote - but the visual image evoked by the term whistleblower is a deeply ambivalent one, at odds with the cuddly connotations of virtue the phrase carries today.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive