Michael McDowell: Hard to argue the national interest requires Enda Kenny as Taoiseach
Fairly or unfairly, he had a car crash election; fairly or unfairly, he is damaged goods.
It seems clear that some members of Fianna Fáil may have their tails up because of the very significant improvement in seat numbers and in their share of the general election vote. This positive feeling which they have about themselves contrasts with the sense that Fianna Fáil was a toxic political brand from 2009 onwards.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive