Susan Mitchell: Government has shown no urgency to reform health service
What passes for inexcusable in Britain would represent a huge improvement for the Irish health system
How many more patients have to die needlessly while inertia prevails? This was the blunt question tweeted by the Irish Association for Emergency Medicine (IAEM) last week.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive