Government must move on problem gambling
€50m betting duty take goes to greyhounds and horses, not to fight scourge of gambling addiction
George Bernard Shaw was born 162 years ago last month but his maxim, “in gambling the many must lose in order that the few may win,” still retains the same currency then as now.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive