Government housing reports deliver old news
Eoin Ó Broin TD is Sinn Féin housing spokesperson
The email landed at the news desk at 7.37pm on Wednesday. The three government reports ran to a combined 120 pages. Not enough time to scrutinise the detail. Not enough time to send them on to experts or opposition politicians for comment.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive