Michael McDowell: Adams bounces along in our post-factual world while the Stack family suffers
There is a parallel universe in which Gerry, a pioneer of a the 'post-factual' world, lives
The phrase “living in a parallel universe” is often used to describe the mindset of people who have created their own moral and factual order, and inhabit a different moral space from most. This week, it has been used about Gerry Adams as he wriggles and twists in an attempt to reconcile his membership of the elected parliament of a modern Irish democracy, on the one hand, and his central role in the IRA, on the other hand.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.