Gardaí right not to cross the Rubicon
To jeopardise the security of the state and the protection of its citizens is unthinkable
The gardaí were right to pull back from the brink. There are conventions that underpin every institution. The Labour Court is an institution that, since 1946, has served the country well. One such accepted convention is that a formal recommendation of the court be put to ballot.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive