Gallagher’s advice needs to be heeded
In late 2011, Sean Gallagher almost became president of Ireland, when his energetic and pro-entrepreneurial campaign appealed to large swathes of the country. Since his election loss, Gallagher has returned to his previous life as a businessman, building up a portfolio of industrial properties, and along with the telecoms tycoon Colm Piercy, is currently working on a €100 million development plan for sites they own in Dublin, Cork, Dundalk and Carlow.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive