French data regulator throws down the gauntlet with Google fine
France’s Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) issued Google with a €50 million fine for a breach of EU privacy laws, the first big punishment for a tech giant since the GDPR was enacted last May
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.