Foreign friends, loopholes and loot
Are foreigners who donate to Sinn Féin in the North freeing the party financially to fund itself in the south?
Is Sinn Féin gaming the loopholes on political donation rules that govern two different jurisdictions? Are the discrepancies between these two separate sets of rules enabling Sinn Féin to circumvent legislation? Is the extraordinary rise in the party’s support partially due to its ability to access greater financial resources?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive