Following the Áras money
The presidential office’s large annual allowance has surprised many, but MEPs’ expenses are also shrouded in mystery
Last night marked a decade since cabinet ministers were roused from their sleep and asked to approve what was not just the biggest financial decision ever taken by an Irish government, but also one that would have lasting repercussions for the relationship between politicians and the electorate.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.