Fintan is wrong on public spending
The common view that Ireland underspends on public services is just not true
There is a trend of commentary in Ireland that suggests that insufficient resources are available to provide the level of public services that we require. This is not true.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive