FG and FF are playing a game of election chicken
Leo Varadkar holds most of the cards, but Micheál Martin’s wily ways could outfox him
In the earlier days of the confidence and supply deal, back when nobody expected it to last this long, I asked a senior figure in both Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael what would bring it down, and they both had the same response: Brexit.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.