FF must rediscover a sense for Northern nationalism
The party’s current attitudes to the North seem a very long way from those of the Haughey, Reynolds and Ahern eras
The change has been subdued but perceptible. In the maelstrom of current politics, with Brexit looming over everything, it is understandable that not much fuss has been made about it. But how many of you sense that the old understanding between Fianna Fáil and Northern nationalism, in place since the Troubles began, seems now to have changed fundamentally?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.