Female-only professorships are a model of discrimination
The proposal is hugely demeaning to women who have worked hard to achieve high positions in academia on merit
The statistic is a stark one: women make up approximately half of lecturing staff, but just 24 per cent of professors are female.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive