Farming renders an Irexit impossible
Irish farming is no longer the dominant part of the economy it once was. Nowadays it has been eclipsed - easily- in employment terms by the services and manufacturing sectors. But Ireland as a society has deep agrarian roots and this country’s relationship with farming remains vital economically.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.