The failure of the Republican Party to deal with the Tea Party has led to its extreme demise
The GOP is responsible for Trump - they owed us the duty not to nominate him
If, as now appears very likely, the Donald Trump candidacy implodes, some very serious questions arise. How did a monstrous, egotistical buffoon with psychopathic tendencies ever get so close to assuming the presidency of the most powerful nation on Earth? Can it happen again? And how can we stop it from happening again?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.