Facts don’t figure in stats jungle
Huddled around conference tables across the country are interest groups writing 2016 pre-budget submissions. Most will contain statistics which seek to authoritatively define various problems. After all, numbers are assumed to be immune from political prejudice. They are black and white facts presented as accurate readings of a problem.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.