Facing up to a future of ad hoc terrorism
What defence is there against lone wolf attackers targeting large numbers of ordinary people without warning?
So now the Breitscheidplatz Christmas market joins the list of Europe’s other recent mass murder sites. Like Nice and Paris and Brussels, to name only some, the locations and the modus operandi are similar and by now, becoming gruesomely familiar. All share the same context: busy urban streetscapes, large numbers of ordinary civilians targeted; merciless attacks coming without warning and intending to kill and maim as many as possible.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.