Enda Kenny is just like Frodo, longing to hold onto power and mojo
All of which makes him unlikely to throw in the Ring
Like Frodo standing at the precipice on Mount Doom, torn apart by simultaneous, conflicting emotions about casting the ring into the inferno (no reference to Michael Ring intended!), Enda Kenny stands on the political ledge of Government Buildings, eyeing the mob below, a large portion of which is shouting “Jump!”. But will he? Or will he climb back safely into the Taoiseach’s chair.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.