Elaine Byrne: The same as it was ever was
Powerful interests remain in place everywhere
The 2011 general election was the first time since November 1982 that Fine Gael was elected to government. (John Bruton’s Rainbow Coalition entered government in 1994 by default, not by election.)
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive