Elaine Byrne: The (flood) plain truth about planning
There was probably a good reason the street was called Watery Road
Síle de Valera was the first to acknowledge the relationship between planning permission and floodplains in the Dáil. A trip into the archives reveals deep reservations by the Clare TD in 1996 regarding a proposed development on Watery Road in Ennis.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive