Elaine Byrne: Remembering the sacrifices of Fusiliers at Hulluch
My great-grandfather was there and survived...only to suffer
Three days after Patrick Pearse read the Proclamation of the Irish Republic at the GPO, 538 Irish soldiers died in the small French village of Hulluch.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.