Elaine Byrne: Bankers omit ‘irrelevant’ details
So what else did they fail to tell the banking inquiry?
The appearance of Michael Fingleton before the banking inquiry on Wednesday offered little more than another reminder of the personalities behind Ireland’s economic collapse. A one-man show that made discretionary decisions under the illusion of a functioning credit committee.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.